Honor an icon of American culture with this new Ruth Bader Ginsburg stamp.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg served as the 107th Supreme Court Justice of the United States. The stamp shows Ginsburg in her black judge’s robe with a white collar.
She began her career as an activist lawyer fighting gender discrimination. She went on to become a judge who was unafraid to disagree with her colleagues. Ginsburg gained a reputation as a respected voice for equal justice.
The Ruth Bader Ginsburg stamp is being issued as a Forever® stamp. This Forever stamp will always be equal in value to the current First-Class Mail® one-ounce rate.
Made in the USA.
- Issue: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Stamp
- Item Number: 483300
- Denomination & First-Class Mail Forever
- Type of Issue:
- Format: Pane of 20 (1 designs)
- Series: N/A
- Issue Date & City: October 2, 2023, Washington, DC 20066
- Art Director: Ethel Kessler, Bethesda, MD
- Designer: Ethel Kessler, Bethesda, MD
- Artist: Michael J. Deas, New Orleans, LA
- Modeler: Sandra Lane / Michelle Finn
- Manufacturing Process: Offset, Microprint USPS
- Printer: Banknote Corporation of America
- Press Type: Alprinta 74
- Stamps per Pane: 20
- Print Quantity: 32,000,000 stamps
- Paper Type: Phosphor Tagged Paper, Block
- Adhesive Type: Pressure-sensitive
- Colors: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Pantone 7563 C
- Stamp Orientation: Vertical
- Header: RUTH BADER GINSBURG • Plate number in bottom 2 corners
- Back: © 2022 USPS • USPS logo • Two barcodes (483300) • Plate position diagram (9) • Promotional text