Celebrate space exploration with this new OSIRIS-REx stamp from the U.S. Postal Service.
The stamp shows a capsule containing a sample of the asteroid Bennu parachuting down to Earth. This is the final step in NASA’s 7-year mission to study and map the asteroid. The sample will help scientists learn how our solar system formed.
On the left side of the pane 4 images illustrate crucial milestones in the OSIRIS-REx mission. On the reverse side text describes the mission and explains each image.
Asteroids are time capsules that preserve the earliest history of our solar system and may contain chemical signatures of the building blocks of life. Scientists from all over the world will study the pieces of Bennu.
With this stamp, you can be part of this exciting moment in science! The OSIRIS-REx stamp is being issued as a Forever® stamp. This Forever stamp will always be equal in value to the current First-Class Mail® one-ounce rate.
- Issue: OSIRIS-REx Stamps
- Forever 66¢
- Item Number: 484200
- Denomination & First-Class Mail Forever
- Type of Issue:
- Format: Pane of 20 (1 designs)
- Issue Date & City: September 22, 2023, Salt Lake City, UT 84199
- Art Director: Antonio Alcalá, Alexandria, VA
- Designer: Antonio Alcalá, Alexandria, VA
- Artist: Alan Dingman
- Modeler: Joseph Sheeran
- Manufacturing Process: Offset, Microprint
- Printer: Ashton Potter (USA) Ltd (APU)
- Press Type: Muller A76
- Stamps per Pane: 20
- Print Quantity: 18,000,000 stamps
- Paper Type: Nonphosphored Type III, Block Tagged
- Adhesive Type: Pressure-sensitive
- Colors: Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Pantone Warm Grey 2
- Stamp Orientation: Vertical
- Back: ©2023 USPS • USPS logo • Two barcodes (484200) • Plate position diagram (9) • Promotional text